The Canal API provides access to two environments - development and live. These environments are identical in functionality, with the key intention being to give developers the ability to test their stores in development before going live. The primary differences between the environments are:
- Any orders placed in the development environment are fake and do not have any dollars transacted or fulfillments. A fake Stripe card number is used for the “payment.”
- The URL endpoint begins with https://api-develop.shopcanal.com instead of https://api.shopcanal.com.
- The API Tokens are different for each environment. You can find the development API token in Settings on Canal's Developer App and the live API token in Settings at shopcanal.com/login.
We highly recommend that you first complete implementation using the Development environment and then use the Live environment once you are ready to sell.
To use the Development environment:
- Use the API Token specified in Settings under “API Credentials” on Canal's Developer App [Note: this is a different link than the Live App link].
- Use the https://api-develop.shopcanal.com URL endpoint for all API calls.
After logging into your Canal Development account, you will find pre-approved products that you can use for the purpose of testing your API implementation.
To use the Live environment:
- Use the API Token specified in Settings under “API Credentials” on the Canal App [Note: this is a different link than the Developer App link].
- Use the https://api.shopcanal.com URL endpoint for all API calls.
Updated 10 months ago